INDIAN CYBER ARMY is a Registered Non-Profit Organization & RESOURCE CENTER for Police, Investigation Agencies, Research Centers, Ethical Hackers, Industry Experts, Government Agencies, Academic Leaders & Individuals together to fight against intelligence threats and cyber crimes.
Indian Cyber Army has found some of the reasons why Cybercrime becomes one of the most dangerous things as per company’s perspective.
Crimes that use computer networks or devices to advance other ends include Fraud and identity theft (although this increasingly uses malware, hacking or phishing, making it an example of both "computer as target" and "computer as tool" crime) Information warfare. Phishing scams.
Crimes Committed using a computer and the Internet with the intention to harm someone either Socially, mentally or financially.
A partial list of cybercrime as follow:-
- Hacking of computer system & network.
- Cyber pornography
- Financial Crimes
- Social Media Frauds
Hacking of computer system & network:-
Most cybercrimes are committed by individuals or small groups. However, large organized crime groups also take advantage of the Internet. These "professional" criminals notice new ways in which to commit previous crimes, treating cyber crime like a business and forming world criminal communities.
Criminal communities share strategies and tools and can combine forces to launch coordinated attacks. They even have AN underground marketplace where cybercriminals should purchase and sell stolen data and identities.
It's very difficult to crack down on cybercriminals because the Internet makes it easier for people to do things anonymously and from any location on the globe. Many systems used in cyber attacks have actually been hacked and are being controlled by someone sitting far away. Crime laws are different in every country too, which can make things really complicated when criminal launches an attack in another country.
Types of cybercrime as follows:-
- Botnet - a network of software robots, or bots, that automatically spread malware
- Fast Flux - moving information quickly among the computers during a botnet to form it difficult to trace the source of malware or phishing websites
- Zombie Computer - Type of computer that has been hacked into and is used to launch malicious attacks or to become part of a botnet
- Social Engineering -using lies and manipulation to trick people into revealing their personal information. Phishing is a sort of social engineering
- Denial-of-Service attacks - flooding a network or server with traffic in order to make it unavailable to its users
- Skimmers - Devices that steal credit card information when the card is swiped through them. This can happen in stores or restaurants when the card is out of the owner's view, and frequently the credit card information is then sold online through a criminal community.
Cyber pornography, involving production and distribution of pornography material.
Cyber pornography is in simple words outlined because the act of using the Internet to make, display, distribute, import, or publish pornography or obscene materials. With the appearance of Net, ancient sexy content has currently been for the most part replaced by online/digital sexy content.
Cyber pornography is banned in many countries and legalized in some. In India, under the knowledge Technology Act, 2000, this can be a gray space of the law, wherever it's not prohibited however not legalized either.
Under the Section 67 of the I.T Act, 2000 makes the following acts punishable by imprisonment up to 3 years and fine up to 5 lakhs:
- Publication- which would include uploading on a website, WhatsApp group or any other digital portal where third parties can have access to such content.
- Transmission- this includes sending obscene photos or images to any person via email, messaging, WhatsApp or any other form of digital media.
- Causing to be published or transmitted- this is a very wide terminology which would end up making the intermediary portal liable, using which the offender has published or transmitted such obscene content. The Intermediary Guidelines under the Information Technology Act put an onus on the Intermediary/Service Provider to exercise due diligence to ensure their portal is not being misused.
Section 67A of the Information Technology Act makes publication, transmission and causing to be transmitted and published in electronic form any material containing sexually explicit act or conduct, punishable with imprisonment up to 5 years and fine up to 10 lakhs.
An understanding of these provisions makes the following conclusions about the law of cyber pornography in India extremely clear:
- Viewing Cyber pornography is illegal in the Asian nation. just downloading and viewing such content doesn't quantity to an offense.
- Publication of pornographic content online is illegal.
- Storing Cyber pornographic content is not an offense.
- Transmitting cyber pornography via instant SMS, emails or the other types mode of digital transmission is associated offense.
Financial Crimes such as siphoning of money from the bank, credit cards frauds, money laundering etc.
Financial crime over the last 30 years has progressively become of concern to governments throughout the globe.
This concern arises from a variety of issues because the impact of financial crime varies in different contexts.
It is nowadays widely recognized that the prevalence of economically motivated crime in several societies may be a substantial threat to the development of economies and their stability.
First, there are those activities that dishonestly generate wealth for those engaged in the conduct in question.
Just Like, the exploitation of insider information or the acquisition of another person’s property by deceit will invariably be done with the intention of securing a material benefit. Alternatively, a person may engage in deceit to secure material benefit for another.
Who commits Financial Crime?
There are essentially seven groups of people who commit the various types of financial crime:
- Organised criminals, as well as terrorist teams, are progressively perpetrating large-scale frauds to fund their operations.
- Corrupt heads of state may use their position and powers to loot the coffers of their (often impoverished) countries.
- Business leaders or senior executives manipulate or misreport financial info thus on misrepresent a company’s true financial position.
- Employees from the foremost senior to the most junior steal company funds and alternative assets.
- From outside the company, fraud can be perpetrated by a customer, supplier, contractor or by a person with no connection to the organization.
- Increasingly, the external fraudster is colluding with the associate employee to achieve bigger and higher results a lot of simply.
- Finally, the successful individual criminal, serial or opportunist fraudsters in possession of their proceeds are a further group of people who have committed financial crime.
Financial crime is commonly considered as covering the following offenses:
- money laundering
- electronic crime
- terrorist financing
- bribery and corruption
- market abuse and insider dealing
- information security
Social media frauds:-
Social media, such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn, have become key tools for U.S. investors. Whether they are seeking research on particular stocks, background information on a broker-dealer or investment adviser, guidance on an overall investment strategy, up to date news or to simply want to discuss the markets with others, investors turn to social media. Social media also offers a number of features that criminals may find attractive.
Fraudsters can use social media in their efforts to appear legitimate, to hide behind anonymity, and to reach many people at low cost. For additional information, see these Investor Alerts and Bulletins:
How to Protect yourself against Social media frauds:
In all such issues which have described above, It is important to get serious in order to reduce cyber crimes in India. Indian Cyber Army now working to aware the people more about such crimes so that they can save the nation from cybercriminals. We are working in this field since 2011 and we have also started our cyber crime helpline number +91-99 6860 0000 so that we can take instant action to help children, women, and other citizens.