Indian Cyber Army was established to strengthen the weakest point of any network: No matter how effective or expensive the security tools which protecting your network are? There’s no way to predict the damage caused by a single careless user.
We’ve compiled a list of things your users should be thinking about whenever they’re using the Internet. They’ve probably heard many or all of these tips before, but repetition doesn’t spoil the prayer.
If you take security seriously, you’re already using Umbrella OpenDNS to protect your network from malware, botnets, and other advanced threats. And if you’re smart, you know that there’s no substitute for educating your users. Share this list with others,
Read our Top seven Cyber Security Tips below,
Create strong password: Make your password at least 12 characters long, in including a number, symbol capital letter and avoid patterns like “123456” or “qwerty”. Practice good password management. Use a strong mix of characters, and don’t use the same password for multiple sites. Don’t share your password with others, don’t write it down, and definitely don’t write it on a post-it note attached to your monitor.
- Practice password hygiene: Do not share your password ….with anyone! Change it on a regular 90-days basis and, where possible, avoid using the same security question across multiple sites.
FACT: more than 1 billion passwords are already stored in a Russian database.
- Keep your inbox safe: Enable email scanning by your antivirus, don't trust attachments, disable automatic previewing, and never responds to an email request to email request for personal or company account information. Always be careful when clicking on attachments or links in the email. If it is unexpected or suspicious for any reason, don’t open on it. Double check the URL of the website the link takes you to bad actors will often take advantage of spelling mistakes to direct you to a harmful domain. Think you can spot a phony website?
FACT: 91% of advanced cyber-attack begin with email.
- Don't share important info: Double-click the “send to “ field before sending emails to the wrong person, and if you are a repeat offender- or know of one in the business- deactivate autofill in Microsoft in Microsoft outlook: File-options-Mail-Send message.
FACT: 78% of those survey admitted accidentally sending an email to wrong
- Keep the Securing top of Mind: Develop a simple plan for employees to follow if there is a potential security risk identifier. It’s everyone’s responsibilities to share potential mistakes openly within the company. By doing so, you will shorten the time between a breach and a fix. More importantly, you can proactively plan for problems.
FACT: Organisations without security awareness programs report security incident
Costs to be 4* higher than their peers.
- Keep Your Device Secure: Apply Encryption of Pcs and USB devices and encourage employees to keep devices with them. Keep patches current by enabling “Auto Update” across Microsoft Windows-based devices and common 3rd party add-ons such as Acrobat, Java, and Flash- as these are malware infection vectors.Never leave your devices unattended. If you need to leave your computer, phone, or tablet for any length of time—no matter how short—lock it up so no one can use it while you’re gone. If you keep sensitive to personal information on a flash drive or external hard drive, make sure to lock it up as well.
FACT: According to a recent survey, half of the respondents indicated that data
On Employee or contractor personal computers and removable storage is
Most at risk(47%)
How we Protect you from Cyber Crime:-
INDIAN CYBER ARMY is an Association of Ethical Hackers & RESOURCE CENTER for National Police Agencies, Intelligence Agencies, Research Centers, Industry Experts, Government Agencies, Academic Leaders along with Individuals to meet the long-term security challenges in the digital arena of the modern world, by bridging the gap between the latest changes and innovations in the cyberspace.
We are always available to Protect you against the Cybercrime and Internet Crime Most of the people don't know that what they can do when Cybercrime and Internet crime happened to them. You do not need to roaming somewhere you just Call our Indian cyber Army helpline number +91-99686 00000 and talk to our experts they solve your problem very soon.